Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Decision Time

Back at the Saul & Joyce Brandman Breast Center at Cedars-Sinai.  Today is decision day.  Again my sister is with me and I brought my journal of questions I had come up with over the weekend.


We discussed the test results from last week.  Everything seems normal, I have fibroids in my uterus (already known) and there was an enlarged lymph node behind the breast.  The doctor explained that it could be the result of the breast biopsy.  She reminded me they will be doing a lymph node biopsy during surgery.


We discussed my questions and my goal for the outcome of all this: to again be able to participate in the various activities I enjoy.


I am definitely going forward with the mastectomy, again 9cm does not leave much left of my breast.  I am choosing to do the breast implant surgery for reconstruction.  It is the least invasive to the key muscles that I use to do all my activities.


I also agreed to let the research team use Hal for future breast cancer studies.  I certainly don't want or need Hal any more and if something good can come of this down the line then so be it.


Then came the run down of all the things to prepare for surgery and recovery.  Again, lots of information good thing it's pretty much all written down for me.


So on we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment