Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Milestones

The beginning of many milestones is upon me.

It has been exactly one year since I set foot on a softball field and tonight I had my first opportunity to go back out on the field and play a couple of innings at my position, 2nd base (insert dating joke here).  I was a bit nervous.  Things don't move the same in my body, so I wasn't sure how it was going to go.  It is one thing to play catch with someone, it is another to field a ball.  Overall, it went well.  Movement was good, covered my area, made a nice catch to end the 2nd inning, and I was done for the night.  Baby steps.  Plus, the little sprint I had to do to make my catch left me just a tad bit winded.  But, it sure felt good being out there again.  I didn't have to bat or run bases today, that will be saved for another day.

All smiles, two innings was perfect to get my feet wet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment