Monday, July 20, 2015

Me 2 - Hal 0

Post-op follow up appointment with my doctor.  Good news all around.  She said she looked at the slides of the various parts she took out of me and they were all “clean”, meaning no cancer cells.  She said that this was a first for her.  She had never had a patient thus far that did not need treatment after surgery.  I am an anomaly, yet again.  This does not mean that she still won’t be following me for the next few years, but right now I am all good.


Next up, when can I do stuff again?  I am getting bored sitting around especially during summertime (playtime).  She said six weeks after my surgery date I can begin more rigorous activities (that would be August 18th for those counting).  Of course, I need to take it slow, my body will still be healing.  I am to continue walking and can do light activity.  So, I asked and did get the okay to do a little golfing, short swing stuff, so pitch and putt here I come (I can’t carry my bag though – 5lb weight restriction until six week mark).

No comments:

Post a Comment