Saturday, November 3, 2012

103 point...

It really doesn't matter what came after the point, by the time the nurse was writing down my temperature in my chart on Thursday, I was ready to be put down.

This last round apparently wanted to go out with a vengeance because that is how life goes.  After all the planning for pain management and hydration, it all went out the door Tuesday evening when I started to get a fever.  So on top of all the "regular" symptoms of my treatment (bone pain again in the legs, but also arms and head, plus nausea) now everything was getting worse.

Tuesday night consisted of being really hot, then waking up in pools of cool sweat, followed by chills that felt like they would not go away.  Taking a pain pill, falling back asleep then waking up a couple hours later again soaking wet, hot, then chills.  This went on all night.  Thought by Wednesday mid morning it had gone away, but by afternoon the chills that would not subside came back.  By now, I have absolutely no appetite but am drinking lots and lots of fluids.  I barely remember Wednesday night, just hot and cold chills off and on all night, plus I was knocked out on pain medication.

Thursday morning was feeling horrible, had chills again.  I managed to force some cream of wheat and herbal tea in me before going to doctor.  By now I was a little delusional and not really aware of what was going on around me.  Managed to check in, stop by the vampire and then fell asleep in the waiting area.  The nurse came to take me back to see the doctor.  She took my vitals and recorded my crazy temperature.  The doctor came in and started asking me how I was feeling.  I really don't remember much of this conversation.  He was trying to determine where I might have an infection on my body. He wanted me to stay and get fluids and IV anti-biotics.  So he wrote up the order and what felt like an eternity, they booked me back into the long-term infusion wing (fell asleep again in the waiting area).

So another cobra bite, which was very painful because my whole body was uber sensitive at this point. Within a few minutes after I was hooked up to Ethel again, I fell asleep.  Four hours of fluids and medications later and I was feeling better.  My temperature was back to normal, they gave me anti-nausea meds too so my stomach was feeling good.  I had part of a sandwich, apple sauce, banana, and apple juice before I left.  The most food I had in quite a few days.  I was still weak and groggy, but was ready to go home.  Got home safe, and went straight to bed for more sleep.

Friday was spent in bed recuperating.  I ate small meals throughout the day, drank lots of fluids and slept.  The doctor also gave me an antibiotic to take the next seven days to get whatever mystery infection is attacking my body.  I go back to see him on Monday.  Hopefully everything will be back to "normal" and I can get on with my life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment