Friday, October 26, 2012

The Beginning of the End

Last round of chemo starts today.

I'm in good spirits today.  This is how I should have been feeling earlier in the week of almost "normal" instead of feeling completely Blah all the time.

Stopped by the vampire station to visit the "Pauls."  I was the only one in there so I got lots of attention.  We had a few laughs adding to my good mood.  Had a good chuckle over the giant bruise from last weeks draw.  Paul #1 said he wouldn't give me a nice tattoo like that, he's too good at this :-).  We shall see.  Had my four viles taken, then off to treatment room.

Some more laughs at reception with my buddy Carlos.  He was the one who checked me in for my very first treatment way back when.  He always greets me with a smile, asks how I'm doing.  I don't feel like a patient when he checks me in, more like a regular "customer" at my favorite watering hole.  I like that.  Everyone here at the Center has been wonderful, they remember me and make me feel good.

MyBuddies are ready, too.
A little Ativan to get me ready to go.  I'm in such a merry mood, thought for a brief second maybe not taking, but why change something at this point.  Don't want to make it unpleasant now, right?  Gotta stick with what we know works!!

After getting set up, vitals taken, routine questions asked time to get started.  The cobra does it's job, I have Southpaw in my other hand shoved up into my face (a nice squeeze of his belling and a bite in his neck).  One, two, three - Argh!!  Bite done, and we are already to go.  Yay!!

Last Cobra Bite
Ativan makes having this done so much more easier :-).  I take it while we are waiting for the lab work on my blood to come back.  This time they took longer, so the Ativan was really kicking in and I didn't feel too much pain today.  Woo hoo!  (And, yes I have a tattoo - but the pain of getting that is much different than having a needle stuck into your vain and fluid pumped it.  My vain gets stressed at impact and it as this horrible throbbing, the Ativan - known for anxiety also helps with relaxing muscles in the body, which in turn helps alleviate the spasming that I am feeling in my arm at point of impact.  Yay, Ativan!!)

Loaded up Ethel with backs of drugs and fluids to start:

Ethel with final set of pre-meds
And, away we go!!

Nothing good on the tellie this early in the day, so... let the shenanigans begin!

Nurse Shadow at it again

Nurse shadow is at it again.  Setting up Ethel to give my drugs to my surrogates this time.  Not sure Lil' Rey and Southpaw are going to be very happy with her.
What's going on here?  What is this crazy madness?

My Sister checking in on Shadow's activities
By the fourth round, Shadow thinks she is a pro at this :-)

I'm ready for a snack:

Chilling out during treatment.

Hooked up to Ethel, semi watching morning Sports Center loop while playing on the computer.
Wrapped up and ready to go...

Cobra bite wrapped up like a present
All set for tomorrow.


1 comment: