Friday, October 5, 2012

Round 3

Here we go again.  After a quick stop to see the vampire (sucked out 4 viles of blood), on to the infusion room.  The cobra was all ready and waiting, tools laid out for the attack.

Cobra Tools
A little Ativan to help me relax, then BAM cobra bite.  It doesn't get any easier.  It's almost worse, because you know how it feels and you are anticipating the pain.  Survived the bite, now to lay back and let Ethel drip the fluids in.

Hopefully the Ativan will let me take a nap while I am getting infused.  Haven't slept much the last few days.  The stress of this round was compounded by other life "issues."  With only about a week of feeling almost "normal" it is a challenge to take care of everyday life things.  This time I needed to deal with the tax man,  always a stressful experience.  Then, my computer's hard drive went kaput (it's always something).  Very, very sad.  And, of course I did not backup my data recently.  So, sad.  Lesson learned, backup as often as possible!!  Hard drive replaced, now it is a process of reloading programs, music, photos, files.  Something to do while I'm in bed getting infused for the next three days.  Yay, multi-tasking while sick!!

Fell asleep today, a nice deep sleep.  I wasn't even aware that they put the second chemo bag on Ethel.  Guess I was a little tired.  It's good to sleep.

Now starting the proceedings to get discharged today.  See ya tomorrow Ethel.  Leaving the cobra bite in again to avoid any additional "sticking"pain.

Cobra Wrap
All wrapped up, now off to enjoy some food before that feeling goes away in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment