Saturday, February 23, 2013

Getting closer

The end is getting closer for this crazy journey I am on.  Soon I will be back to the life that I once had.  The first of my two reconstructive surgeries has been scheduled for Wednesday, March 6th.  Woo hoo!!!  They needed to schedule it midway between my drug trial treatments, so I am very glad they were able to get me in this soon.  Otherwise I would have had to wait six weeks and that would not have been fun.

The past month, it has been quite uncomfortable having the expander in my chest.  The closer it got to capacity, the more it pushed out not only on my pectoral muscle, but also the scar tissue from the first surgery.  Basically, no room in my chest cavity for the hard disc.

So happy the hockey puck is coming out!

No comments:

Post a Comment