Sunday, February 24, 2013

Feels Good, Getting Better

How far I have come since my last chemo treatment.  My energy levels are good.  I can get through a full day of work.  I still don't have energy to do too many days in a row though.  If I have a "big" day with lots of activity, I'm pretty beat the next day.

I have lost about half the weight I put on during chemo treatment.  Aside from my "treats" after treatments, I have been eating healthy.  Lots of fruits and vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains.  I have been preparing most of my meals again, too.

My exercising is still not what it once was but it is better.  During chemo, I could barely walk down the block to the park.  Thanksgiving weekend I started walking on the beach.  It was quite the effort to get to the water's edge.  Now, three months later I can make it to the pier and back - almost 3 miles round trip.  I've been hitting buckets of golf balls, about 2-3 per week.

It feels so good to be feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment