Thursday, May 30, 2013

One extreme to another

I couldn't wait to start being active again.  All I wanted was to get back to my normal active life.  Patience, patience, patience...


"Have you been throwing?"  "No."  "Why not?"  "I am afraid I am going to break it."  "You need to start throwing, you are not going to hurt anything.  Just take it slow." Sigh.  "It'll be okay, it is just going to take some time.  You need to be throwing."


Now that I have started using my arm, albeit very slow and minimal, I am very hesitant.  The past couple of weeks I have tried the overhead throw with a soccer ball a few times.  I just cannot get used to how the implant feels.  Again, it is hard to describe.  It feels loose.  It feels like it is moving.  It feels like it is falling.  After each throw I feel like I need to readjust my implant.  Argh!  So weird.  I guess I am so used to my upper body muscles being tight and firm from all the swimming and surfing I did.  This is very much the opposite.

My physical therapy homework for the week:  light throwing/tossing with a softball.

No comments:

Post a Comment