Thursday, May 2, 2013

Post-op Follow-up

Follow up day with the plastic surgeon and his team.  It is a very quick visit.  He checks my surgical area over and likes what he sees.  Everything is healing nicely and would like to see me again in August.  If all goes well the next few months we can discuss the nipple reconstruction then.  I asked him about the little "poofyness" I am still feeling just below my armpit area.  He says it is normal, my body is just taking time to heal.  It should continue to decrease in size.  We will discuss it again when I come back.  If it is still prominent he can do a little work on it when we finish the reconstruction.

We also discussed the weirdness of the pectoral muscle I have been feeling.  It is very hard to describe it to them, but they have heard it before so they understood where I was coming from.  Again, what I was feeling is completely normal.  Hopefully over time, I will get used to how it feels and not notice it as much.  I do get to add light jogging to my exercise regime now.  But, as always, if there is any pain I need to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment