Thursday, September 20, 2012

Battle of the Side Effects


After a three-day battle of side effects, I am finally feeling better.  This round was not as bad as the first.  Still wasn’t a picnic, but managed to get through much better with new pain management plan.  The nuelasta decided to work its magic in my legs this time.  From my ankles all the way up to my thighs, both legs felt like they were broken.  A constant ache that lasted 24/7.  I spent three days in bed to keep my legs elevated to help alleviate the pain.  Started pain medication earlier to keep the pain in check.  Basically, it would knock me out so I wouldn’t notice the pain.  I slept a lot during the three days.  A lot.  I barely remember being awake.  Obviously needed the sleep.  The extra day of fluids and medication helped keep the nausea under control this time.  It was much more manageable than last time.  I didn’t get dehydrated and didn’t have the constant pain in my gut like last time.  It still sux, just happy that this time didn’t suck as bad as the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment