Friday, September 14, 2012

Round 2 - blah


The beginning of a three-day set at the Samuel Oschin Cancer Center on the Cedars Sinai campus.  Whippee!!!

Stopped in to see my buddy “Paul the Vampire” first to have blood drawn.  He is a very good vampire,  I barely felt much, just a little prick, had to give him four vials today. Blah.  Next, off to the infusion center.  Today they have me in the short-term room (the long-term room is booked).  The cubicle is smaller, just a recliner and chair, not a lot of counter space for my stuff.  It does not have a bed, so I am quite bummed. I usually get knocked out by the drugs about and hour and a half into treatment.  Took a few minutes to calm down (I am not a fan of change).  Had a little Ativan to help me relax.  Wes, the cobra for the day came and stuck me with his fangs and inserted the IV.  This one is always worse than the vampire because they go further into the vein and it starts to spasm.  It takes about ten to fifteen minutes for the area to calm down.  Yay Ativan!!  Big Blah overall!! And, we are now up and running, hooked up to Ethel.  Now we wait about four hours for Ethel to drip meds into my system.  Good times!!  My little treatment buddies are here to give me something soft to hug and make me comfortable.  And, as always, entertain me!

Curious Shadow likes the blinking lights and the clicking sound.  And, of course the tubes.

Southpaw didn't want to be left out of the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment