Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day two of physical scans

After a long day yesterday, back for more, bright and early at the Cedars Campus.

First up, check in 8:00am for the bone scan.  A nice shot of radioactive material to start the day.  Yay!!  I don't think my right arm will ever get used to all the poking.  Thank goodness for Southpaw.  He is with me for every needle poke.  Although, if he could feel, he would be pretty darn tired of me squeezing the life out of him every time I get poked.  Again, it takes some time for the lovely chemicals to travel through my body so I am off to the Breast Center to get an expansion done.

Another needle, oh yay.  The expansion went well.  Painful stick into the port again.  I was able to tolerate about 50ml of fluid this week before my pectoral muscle felt like it was gonna pop out.  I take a minute to compose myself and then walk back across the street to the Imaging Center for my bone scan.  Bone scans are easy, you just lay still on a cold slab while a giant machine slowly moves across your body.  No more needles involved.  But, the room is very cold, so they layer me up with a couple of blankets.

After my bone scan, I grab a sandwich and then head back over to the Breast Center again.  This time for a mammogram on my right breast.  At least there aren't any needles involved!!  Although, getting your boob smooshed by a cold machine isn't much of a picnic either.

A little shorter day than yesterday, I am done by 2pm.  Exhausted though, so home I go to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment