Monday, December 10, 2012

Follow Up

Just another day at the Cancer Center, stop by the vampire lair (check), have vitals taken (check), see the doctor (check).

The hives are still crazy.  All over my body, different spots each day.  So annoying.  Plus the benadryl has kept me in a fog these past three weeks.  I just don't feel myself yet and it's been six weeks since my last chemo treatment.  I'm all bloated still, the itchy hives are driving me nuts.  Argh!!!  When will it end?  The doctor is switching me to Claritin and Zantac for the hives.  We shall see if this helps.

Red hives on my arm.

Swelling and hives.
I also decided to have them do the blood test to see if I qualify for the research drug trial.  It seems to be one more safeguard to preventing the breast cancer from coming back.  And, for all the crap I have been through these past six months, I am all for keeping it away if possible.  Thus, there are really no guarantees in life, but I want to know that I gave it my all, 110%.

Leave it on the field, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment