Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Forward

It has been a long, grueling past seven months.  I am so happy to be stepping out of 2012.

There had been many a day I was not sure if I had the strength to fight on.  But, I think about the tens of thousands of people who have gone through this fight before me and the tens of thousands that will sadly have to go through this after me.  And, I push on.  It is an unfortunate circumstance of my life, but it did not and does not mean I will let it keep me down.

I have been very fortunate to be surrounded by family and friends on this journey.  If it were not for all of their love and support I do not think I would have made it this far, this fast.  Thank you.

There is still much to do.  Another surgery, for one.  Many more shots for the drug trial.  Yearly scans/tests/mammograms/echograms.  Waves to catch.  Balls to hit.  Games to play.  Trips to take.  Much, much more...

And, hair.  Slowly coming in.  Still super soft!!  (take that Shadow, hee hee)



A little positive light to take into the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment