Thursday, July 18, 2013

Good Heart

Spoke with the cardiologist on the phone today to get the results from the blood test and chest x-ray.  He was quite impressed with the results of the blood test.  He told me he does not normally see results this good in his patients.  My BNP levels came back at 10 - which on the scale is excellent.  (The scale says anything below 100 indicates no heart failure).  This makes me feel real good.  Then, he tells me that the chest x-ray came back clean for any fluid.  This is also great news.  He explains that the echocardiogram is not a good read for fluid (false positives) that is why they do the chest x-ray.  He reiterates that I just need to take my time getting back my strength and stamina for my activities.

Happy to have a healthy heart and grateful for not having to add anymore procedures on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment