Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Stupid Chemo Brain

First order of business this morning, call and make my appointment to get the chest x-ray for hopefully later this morning.  It is 8am and I am able to make an appointment for 10:15 this morning.  I get myself ready and head on out to the Cedars campus.  I arrive about 9:45am and find my way to the imaging pavilion.  I walk up to the information desk, they greet me, and ask, "How may I help you?"  My mind goes completely blank.  I have forgotten why I am here.  I take a moment to think.  She asks me to right my name down on a piece of paper and she will help me.  As I am writing my name, I remember I am there for a chest x-ray and tell her.  She looks me up in the computer and directs me to go into the room directly behind her and someone will help me.  I thank her and walk the thirty or so steps into the next room and approach the check-in desk.  Again, I get greeted and she asks, "How may I help you?"  Once again, my mind goes completely blank!  Argh!!  A freakin' minute passes and I forget why I am there!!  Just another reminder that I may not look like I have been fighting cancer this past year but my body is telling me otherwise.  Blah!!  She asks me if I have my orders with me.  This sparks my memory, when I called this morning they said that the orders were in the computer and I did not have to bring the paper with me.  This helps me remember that I am there for a chest x-ray.  So frustrating this chemo brain crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment