Monday, August 12, 2013

Research Day

Follow up day with the research team.  Today is only an office visit, no injections.  Yay!!

As per usual, stop at the vampire's lair.  No vampire Paul again, but the other vampires were nice.  Today was a 9 vial day.  Seriously!!  Blah!!  It takes time to fill all those vials.  The vampire working on me does her best to keep my spirits up whilst she fills up the vials.

Next stop, doctor's office.  We discuss the blood work.  Everything looks really good, all the markers are clean.  Everyone is very happy.  Next, we discuss the results from the cardiologist.  The doctor is happy that my heart is healthy and there is not anything else wrong with me.  Then we play 20 questions.  The list of routine questions they always ask.  There have not been any new issues that have come up.  We do discuss the lymphedema in my arm.  There is still noticeable swelling in my arm and hand.  The nurse tells me to call the physical therapist to start sessions again.

Lymphedema or not, I keep on going.  Played softball this evening.  Went 3 for 3 (2 singles, 1 double, 3 rbis) at bat and fielded a few innings at 2nd base.  I am not going to stop living my life because of a little swelling in my arm.  If anything, I need to be training my arm to recognize the use no matter what activity I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment