Sunday, August 25, 2013

Turning One Again

To commemorate not spending my birthday weekend at the Samuel Oschin Cancer Institute, I was able to celebrate doing some of my favorite activities!!!

Started the weekend off with a little surfing the morning of my birthday.
Beautiful day to be out on the water.
Birthday homemade Ding Dong, thanks Shadow and Southpaw!
Got to spend the evening at happy hour with some friends at restaurant near my house.  Lots of yummy food, libations, and laughs!

The next morning, headed down to San Diego for a baseball filled weekend with a good friend of mine and the gang.

First stop on the way down, Stone Brewery for lunch.
Southpaw enjoyed a lovely craft beer.
Then, head down to the Gaslamp District in Downtown San Diego for the first game this weekend.  Padres v Cubs, not a prime time game, but I don't care.  I am at a baseball stadium watching baseball can't ask for anything more (definitely beats getting chemo).
A weekend of baseball!!
While my friend and I head to the game, the Gang and the Muppets start a little hotel party to celebrate my birthday.
Hotel birthday party with the gang.
After the game, we have dinner at an Irish Pub near the hotel.  Then find a cupcake shop on the way back, so of course we bought some.
Capping off the night with birthday cupcakes.
The next day, we head to the park early to enjoy brunch on the field before the game.  Southpaw joined us today.
Southpaw enjoying an omelette and bloody Mary.
Southpaw up to his usual shenanigans!
Field seats for Sunday's game.
After the game, stopped for some yummy Korean homestyle food before heading home.

Such an amazing weekend, filled with lots of laughs.  Last year for my birthday I spent the weekend going through treatment.  A good friend pointed out that I needed to do this so that I can have many more birthdays to celebrate.  I am so grateful for all my wonderful friends that helped make this weekend extra special and celebrate turning one again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment