Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Oh, the pain


There is pain, then there is Pain, and then there is PAIN!!!!

From the minute they woke me up in recovery there has been pain like I have never felt before.  And that is saying a lot, for I have broken many a bone before.  It hurts to even breathe.  On their scale of 1 – 10, I was off the chart.  The pain meds made me more sleepy than loopy.  Unfortunately I couldn’t fall asleep either.  They had me hooked up to a machine monitoring my breathing and I’m a very slow breather when I fall asleep.  So every time I would start to fall asleep the machine would start to beep and the nurse would tell me to breathe.  Then there is the whole dry mouth, thirsty feeling.  They won’t let me drink anything until they move me to my room because of they whole nausea thing either.  I was in recovery for a long 4.5 hours.  The surgery took 3.5 hours.

Once in my room they tried to make me as comfortable as possible.  R.B. makes a perfect armrest.  He’s nice and soft.  The pain was still horrible.  Around 1:30am they finally upped my dose.  I finally fell asleep about 2am.  Then the pain woke me up at 4:30am.  So much for that sleeping thing.
RB my recovery buddy
Thanks to everyone who sent messages yesterday, sorry I wasn't in much condition to return them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment