Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Three weeks


Three weeks out from my surgery.  It has been a long, frustrating stretch.  And, after a couple of weeks of revolving family members staying with me, my first day back on my own at home.  I am feeling confident about this.  The new regimen on ibuprofen and muscle relaxers has been good.  The swelling in my upper chest muscles has gone down significantly.  It is easier to breathe and I can almost lie all the way down on my back when I sleep.  I also have discovered a reclining side sleeping position on the healthy side of my body that works nice for sleep too.  The weird water balloon like swelling under my arm on my side is still there though.  Not sure what will happen next with that, I see the doctor again in a couple of days.

My mobility over the last few days has increased.  I am still keeping my outings to places that are not too crowded.   Over the weekend, I made it to a sushi restaurant, the beach and to a movie.  The outings went well.  My favorite was the beach, it was nice to sit out there and watch the waves again.  It's been a slow progress, but I am slowly getting back in the swing of things and that feels good.

1 comment:

  1. Great news! Hope to see you very soon for a visit. Beth

    ReplyDelete