Thursday, August 2, 2012

Moving right along


The best I’ve felt thus far.  Last night, I was finally able to lie all the way down on my back.  Woot, woot!  Still with the help of the muscle relaxers, but I did get a decent night’s sleep.

Had my weekly check up today.  The doctor is happy with my progress. The swelling in front has gone done significantly.  The swelling on the side is going more slowly, which she says is fine for now.  We decided to wait one more week before starting the next step, filling the expander with fluid to stretch out my pectoral muscle.  It just sounds like so much fun, doesn’t it?  After all the pain from the initial surgery, I am a little anxious about this next step.  The doctor explained the procedure.  The expander has a portal that allows them to inject saline fluid into it.  Because of the surgery, the skin area is still numb so she doesn’t think that I will feel the needle part.  Perhaps a small constellation prize in the grand scheme of things.  As she fills the expander, it will stretch out the muscle causing some discomfort and possibly a little pain.  She will only fill the expander with as much fluid as I can tolerate. Again, sounds like fun.  It will be nice to have a week with minimal discomfort before bringing back pain.

On a positive note, I got the green light to ride a stationary bike.  Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment