Sunday, August 19, 2012

Feeling good does not mean 100%


I have been off my pain medications and muscle relaxers for a little over a week now. The nausea is gone and muscles aren’t spasming like before.  My stomach has been very happy.  I have my appetite back, although I’m still not eating as much as before.  My head is clear.  And, my energy levels are up.  Aside from the awkward lump on my side I am feeling relatively normal.  However, that does not mean my body is back to normal.

I went to cheer on one of my softball teams today.  It was a usual hot summer afternoon, with a slight breeze.  In the hour and a half I was out at the field I got a little overheated and slightly dehydrated (I was drinking water).  My energy was completely zapped and I had a fierce headache.  Now the challenge is to get everything back in balance again.  A little food, Gatorade, and a shower to start things off.  Now sleep.

Must remember, take things slow!

A show of support from my softball mates (wristbands):


No comments:

Post a Comment