Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 2


A bit sleepy this morning.  Did not sleep through the night last night.  Fell asleep at 9pm and was up at 12:30am wide awake.  Had a bowl of cereal, watched some tv on my computer in bed, finally feel back asleep around 3am.  Then up again at 7am to get ready for day two of treatment.

No stop at the vampire today, straight to the cobra.  The bite is a little sore today, guess still sensitive from yesterday's bite.

Cobra Bite.
Got some more Ativan to help with spasms in the vain and calm me down.  Yippee!!  Another round of Dextamethasone steroid/anti nausea, Zofran for nausea and hydration fluids are being administered from Ethel today.  The hydration fluids consist of Potassium Chloride, Dextrose, and Sodium Chloride.  The infusion is 1050ml over 4.25 hours to administer.  Then, a lovely shot of Neulasta in my arm or stomach (I chose stomach), this is a drug to stimulate bone marrow to make more white blood cells.  Typically about 7-10 days after chemotherapy treatments the white blood cell counts can diminish.  The Neulasta is to help promote the production of these cell.  The down side is that my large bones will hurt for a few days while the drug works its magic.  Blah.

Neulasta Shot

I had to warm the shot in my hand to body temperature



Nice big hug from Chemo Buddies as they administer the shot of Neulasta into my stomach.
Shot done, Ethel done, cobra took out IV.  Now time to go home and take a giant nap!!!

First round of chemotherapy treatments done!! Whew!





No comments:

Post a Comment