Thursday, August 23, 2012

Surreal Eve

Tis a bittersweet day.  Today is my birthday and also the day before my first chemotherapy treatment.  Naturally, quite the roller coaster of emotions.  It's a happy, distracting, not normal birthday day.

I spent the day running errands.  Checking off "to dos" that have been on a list for quite some time.  Changed the oil in the truck, got my eye glass exam, cleaned up the house a bit, got some food supplies for the next few days...  This busy little day helped keep my mind off of tomorrow.  I barely even thought about tomorrow.  This was quite pleasant since that has been all I have been thinking about for the past week.  Running around all day has kept me occupied and made me quite tired, so hopefully I can get a good night's sleep.

The up side of today was that it was filled with a multitude of well-wishers, both for my birthday and hopes that tomorrow will go smoothly.  The "Happy Birthday", followed by "hope tomorrow doesn't suck too much" sentiment is very strange though.  Its an odd play on the good news, bad news sentence.  You know, "I'm so glad you are here, sorry to hear..."  But, it was nice to feel all the love and support to help keep me in check.  I know I can get through this next phase with all these people behind me.  Thank you all!!  Peace, love and happiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment