Sunday, August 5, 2012

Cabin Fever


Feeling better still has its downside.  With the swelling diminishing, it makes the foreign object in my chest more prominent.  I feel and look a little like a Dr. Frankenstein ("Fronkensteen") creation.  It is hard to describe.  Almost like a hard rock or hockey puck that you just want to push out.  Kind of like when you get a welt from getting hit by a ball (or something).  A hard bruise that feels totally out of place on your body.  You just want to move it out.  It is totally annoying me.  And, it is uncomfortable.

I also still have limited energy.  Which makes me feel like I’m missing out on life.  I long for the ability to enjoy a full day again.  I am itching to do more.  Sitting around is not my style.  Right now, my energy limits me to about six hours of time outside my house.  Brunch and a movie yesterday again wiped me out.  I didn’t want to spend my evening laid out on the couch, but I had no choice.  I was asleep by 9:30pm.

Patience may be a virtue, but restlessness and boredom are the tools of insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment