Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Exercise is my Friend


They are correct when they say that exercise helps with recovery.  This past week I have been able to do some exercise.  I have been riding the stationary bike and doing leg workouts in the pool (jogging and kicking).  My body is very happy.  My mind is happy. The healthy parts of my body had been very restless these past few weeks.  The sense of needing to get up and do something is being taken care of now with exercising.  There is nothing like getting the blood pumping through my body, even with less intense workouts than it is used to.  I feel much more relaxed and less stressed.  I have been a bit anxious about the pending chemotherapy treatment that starts next week.  There has been a lot to contemplate, especially the “unknown” factors of how my body will react.  And, after the whole surgery experience my mind has been racing over all the different scenarios that might happen.  Of course, none of them are pleasant.  The doctors and others can give you generalized expectations and relate their experiences, but everyone is just different enough that one cannot predict exactly what will happen.  I am very grateful to be able to do some exercising to help keep the gloomies at bay as much as possible.

My goal is to get as much exercise before I start chemotherapy next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment