Sunday, August 26, 2012

Holy Crap Batman


And now ladies and gentlemen, the Side Effects!!  The side effects slowly creep up on you.  I woke up this morning a little tired with some soreness in my surgical area.  Thought I was doing pretty good just after my first treatment.  We walked down to the farmer’s market (3 blocks from my house).  It was early, not too crowded and not too hot.  Headed back home less than an hour later.  This little excursion wiped me out.  Had a little bit to eat.  I don’t have much of an appetite.  I feel full after just a couple of bites.  I am doing okay with my liquids, lots of water and juice.  I have a slight sore throat, but so far able to get down fluids.

It was now mid-morning.  A little bit of nausea was starting to creep up as well as some bone aches in my neck and back.  The ache is like how one feels when they have a really bad flu.  As the day progressed, the pain in my bones also progressed.  The doctor was right when he said my bones would hurt.  The pain became more prominent, sharp, like when you break a bone.  And, the pain traveled all over.  It would be in my legs for a bit, then my head, then my back, my teeth, etc… It felt like every one of my 206 bones were sore at some point today.  It just kept moving all over.  It was hard to get comfortable.  I was trying to tough it out, but by 7:30 it was too much to handle and I broke down and took the prescription pain pills and now I am ready to fall asleep.

2 comments:

  1. hey you! - anne here from sb and bb - thinking of you! take the best care...
    anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you everyday. Missed you the last half of the season and especially last night! Your fellow player @ 1st Sue

    ReplyDelete