Thursday, March 21, 2013

Another run of the mill day at Cedars

Back at the Cedars Campus again, third time this week.  I am starting my day with getting an echocardiogram this the morning.  The one I had last month didn't get a good reading, perhaps the full expander over my heart was impeding the reading.  Now that it is gone, hopefully they will get a good reading.  I still have the surgical drain in, so the technician has to again work around something to try and get a reading.  Not the most comfortable procedure to have when the drain is still in my side.  The technician makes it work and we are done in about 30 minutes.

I head over to a restaurant on the edge of the campus to watch some tournament basketball games before my next appointment.  I have a little over an hour to kill, so I have a light lunch while I am there.

Next appointment is with the General Practitioner at the Adult Ambulatory Clinic back on campus.  This is just a routine check-in visit required by the Medi Cal breast cancer program I am in.  They review what has been going on the past six months, ask if I need anything, try to get me to have a flu shot.  I decline the flu shot.  Not interested in getting poked if I don't "have" to.  We schedule for my annual "pap" exam, write up a blood work order to check my cholesterol, and I am good to go.

Then, it's off to kill a little more time before my physical therapy appointment.  I walk over to the mall next to the campus and find a spot to watch some more tournament games.

Physical therapy is a few blocks down the street from the main campus so I drive on over.  The therapist takes measurements of my arm.  I only have slight swelling in the upper part of my arm, this is very good considering I only had surgery two weeks ago.  I told her that we put the compression sleeve on as soon as I got out of surgery and later that night I did the compression wrap on my arm, too.  She was very happy to hear this.  Since I still have the drain in, she could not do much else today, so we rescheduled the appointment for later.

A surprisingly easy day of medical appointments.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment