Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My new BFF

Say hello to my little friend:
My Sidekick
The Robin to my Batman, or Tonto, Dr. Watson, Lou Costello, Stan Laurel, Gracie Allen, Jerry Lewis... you get the picture.

The drain stays in for one more week, which means the drain goes to Phoenix with me on our annual family trip to Spring Training (MLB).  Yippee!!!  My output yesterday for the day was about 65ml, which is way above the "safe" limit for the doctors to take out the drain.  So, better safe than sorry, the drain stays in.  The doctor said that she knew that I would not be taking it "easy" this next week and instead of having something go wrong (edema building up in the surgical area) she was leaving the drain in until I get back.  She did take out the stitches.  A little victory!

We also discussed a timeline for getting back activities (since I'm still limited to walking).  Once the drain comes out, after two weeks I can try to swing golf clubs again.  I have to still wait about four weeks though before I can try and throw a ball and swing a bat.  But, at least I have an idea of when now.  This makes me happy!!  We didn't touch the surfing question yet, they already think I'm crazy so didn't want to push too much, hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment