Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bye, Bye Sidekick

Three weeks and a day after surgery the drain finally comes out.  Woo hoo!!!

Now time for recovery and slowly start to use my left arm again.  Of course, the first thing out of my doctors mouth was "no softball."  I still have to wait about three weeks before I can start light throwing and any other "impact" activities - running included.  She did say I could start to take easy bike rides on the bike path at the beach.  Yay!  And, next week I can start taking short swings with a golf club.  Baby steps.  The rest of my body is raring to go - so it is an internal struggle to continue to be patient.  I have been feeling much better overall this past week.  My energy levels continue to get better.  I'm still trying real hard to get back to eating healthy - now that my taste buds are happy again.

It's hard to believe how much time has gone by since this journey began.  The end is getting closer.  One more reconstructive surgery awaits.  I have about three more weeks of recovery from the first one before we can start to plan the next.  This gives me some time to mull over whether or not I want them to make some adjustments to my right breast to get a little more symmetry.  There was the mention of pain, and the levels being a bit higher because my right side is healthy and all the nerve endings are intact.  This does not sound pleasant.  So it is weighing on my decision.  There have been lots of decisions on this journey and none have been easy.  This one seems par for the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment