Thursday, March 14, 2013

Patience Grasshopper

The drain did not come out last Monday, nor did it today.  Blah!  It doesn't really hurt anymore (as long as I don't accidentally tug on the long tube), it is more of an annoyance.  I am constantly being mindful that it is there to avoid any mishaps.  Even in the doctor's office this morning, almost dropped it as I got off the table to get dressed.  That would not have been fun.  And, it hasn't leaked any since Monday.  This makes me happy.  Went to a movie on Sunday, and was having a little leakage.  A bit gross.  Okay, really gross.  Luckily I had a few layers so it wasn't noticeable, just uncomfortable.  Some strategically placed napkins until I got home did the trick.  Then, there is sleeping with the drain.  I am forced to sleep on my back to avoid any tugging on the tube.  I wake up several times a night and remember that there is this thing hanging on my left side that I cannot roll over on to.  Patience, a good night sleep will come.

Other than that, I feel pretty okay.  Especially after sleeping for about three and a half days straight (Wednesday through Saturday).  I weened myself off the narcotic pain killers over the weekend, so I get to be more mobile.  I can drive.  Yay!!  My energy is coming back and this makes me happy.  The recovery has been much easier and quicker this time around.  This is good!!

Hopefully on Monday the drain and stitches will come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment